Thursday, December 07, 2006



We have also been on a couple of ministry projects the first was to a drug rehab center pictured here. This center is a Christian facility that teaches the love and truth of Jesus to the men and they actually live at the center and work during the day making blackboards and desks for schools. The men were very nice and a joy to be with. As a team we went in to teach work safety, interpersonal relationship skills, and cooking. Kandi and I presented how to cook banana bread. It was great, I felt like I was on the food network except I was talking in Spanish (well reading in Spanish).



We also spent two days going door to door distributing the Gospel of John to several hundred people with a team of Ticos(Costa Ricans). We also invited the people to come back to watch the Jesus video and during this presentation there was 2 people that wanted to make a decision for Christ. The local pastor will be working with them to make sure they understand what that means and discipling them but it was very exciting to see the Holy Spirit at work.
Kandi and I have been making relationships with several nationals and hope to be able to witness to them soon. My relationship with Carlos the store owner down the street from us is growing very fast and I think God is preparing a witnessing opportunity. Pray that I will see the chance when it comes and that I will have the words that I need for him to understand the truth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The drug rehabs sounds a little clbose to jail ministry, huh?
We sure do miss you guys, but are praying that the Lord tends to you each and every day.